Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year 07

And we are back. It turns out the troubled landline dial tone was due to Telekom's (Malaysian telecommunications giant, by monopoly) new voice mail service for landlines.

After a technician came by and declared the phone lines were fault free, I decided to do some belated fiddling to the dial-up settings on my loyal 7-year-old Windows ME machine.

Changed from tone dial to pulse dial = no dial tone detected.

Unchecked the box to dial after detecting dial tone = Incorrect password

Frustrating isn't it. One month after my last visit to the web using my TmNet account and after solving a relatively easy but befuddling problem, and these pigs tell me my password is incorrect!

Who do we summon in this time of need?

Our clan know of one weapon,
Who's power is so great, company CEO's have offered free gifts to salve its murderous anger,
Who's ferocity is such, that pimply-faced office boys face death by the end of scissor blades at a word wronged,
And who's price is high, to the point our clansmen wield it at risk of eternal damnation,
My mother.

Six hours later, I was on-line, updating my anti-virus definitions and spyware protection lists.

Since this is my first post for a very long time, and on the first day of Chinese New Year at that, expect not white lies, foul knave, for thy words draw wounds on the soul, not carvings on webpages.

A time of peace and new beginnings shall commence, with the path of eternal rest still dimmed, shall we all seek the one tunnel to return us to sanity, and freedom.

Have a meaningful Chinese New Year.

No comments: