Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Technically Legal?

Digg my articleThrough hours of web trawling, I have discovered a certain trade agreement known as the Berne Convention.

Apparently, this convention is an agreement that protects the intellectual works of art from theft by unscrupulous individuals. However, this is only the case if both countries are members of the Berne Convention.

Interestingly enough, Taiwan is not a signatory of the convention.

Since I have yet to finish reading the entire document, I can't come to any conclusions yet. But from what I have read, it seems the anime being sold everywhere in Malaysia as original products which are actually imports of bootlegs from Taiwan, may be technically legal because Taiwan is not a signatory to Berne.

Until then, happy reading!

Related Links:
Berne Convention pdf document

2 comments:

Ken said...

ok why did u change it? Brown was better. And
I'd prefer it to be narrower rather than longish. It's easier to read that way...What do u think?

Rewarp said...

I find it easier to read now. And the last design was rather unfriendly, design wise.

Anyway, once I get my new laptop, I hope to redesign this site from the ground up.