Sunday, November 05, 2006

Waking Up

Perfunctory, Lariat, Mirthful, bon vivant, Extirpation, Rector, Quiescent, Libertine, Dissolute, Riposte, Percolate, Callipygian, Internist, Parable, Elision, Pernickety, Oleaginous.

It has been a while, hasn't it. Who would have thought the UPS unit I purchased for my PC wouldn't protect it from a blackout?

But, to quote the Menok-i Khrat:

"...though one be armed with the valour and strength of wisdom and knowledge, yet it is not possible to strive against fate."

I am using a six-year old computer running Windows ME. Statistical data meant the probability of my computer experiencing a nervous breakdown was long overdue.

It amazes me how quickly things have changed since logging out of the cyber world - it took me one week to catch up.

But hey! I am now proudly surfing the web on the spanking-new Firefox 2.0 while writing my blog using the Performancing add-on.

The main draw: A built in spell checker!

Animax has finally arrived on Astro (local satellite broadcasting network), meaning I have nothing more to look forward to in life.

You see, logging off from the Internet forced me to take a break from the sorrows of the world to my own woes.

Your confidence in the inherent "goodness" that lies in this world is pummeled into wood pulp when you realise humanity just doesn't deserve to exist.

Here we are, on the threshold of complete annihilation as a result of mismanaged resources, global warming, famine, extinction and poverty, and all our elders can think about is how much money we will be losing.

It would be wise to remember money is but an abstract representation of power, not the essence of power.

This week, my Form Six end of the year examinations begin - don't wish me good luck.

The entire exercise is as you recall, meaningless work.

I will be striving (actually, my mates will be striving) to earn good results from the MUET, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and PA papers.

For two years, we will be expected to do nothing but study these subjects.

And by study, I mean no television, no Internet, no books (other than the above mentioned subjects), no friends, no outings, no life.

We certainly are learning a lot.

Dead of the Week: 116
Total Dead (Since 12th Jan 2006): 868

powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

stupeed demon said...

hehe, my gut tells me that you will be back today to regale us with tales of doom and destruction