Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bonhamie, blithe, ebullient, effusive, insouciant.

This week, Noriyuki "Pat" Morita, the wise old Karate sensei of Karate Kid fame has passed on. Karate Kid was one of the first movies I watched while growing up, and in a way, has inculcated a sense of honour and respect in me towards treating others and towards life. It was one of the first movies that made me feel mortal, the fear of death, at the old age of 5.

To my first martial arts and life teacher, I bid you farewell and to have the afterlife you seek and deserve.

I had a fascinating week, not that you should care, but I am writing, so that gives me the right to write (pun unintended) whatever I want to write.

SPM this week starred two subjects:

Uh... Hold on while I check (flipping through black folder)-

Pendidikan Moral (Moral Education) - The fact that I had to actually open my bag to recall this subject should be enough to explain my feelings towards the subject. That said, it marvels me to no end how my mind can turn innocent moral phrases and definitions into twisted sadistic animated shorts (think Futurerama). Everything became surprisingly easier to memorise once I did that. The key is to not inhibit the threads your mind will take. C

Additional Mathematics - Calculus, statistics, and everything in between. I loath this subject. But I still consider loathing better than apathy. It was horrible, terrible, vegetable... Whoops! Sorry, reverted into Manglish there. Having passed this paper only once in 7 attempts, I had extremely low hopes for this paper. In fact, My friends who hung around me before taking the paper actually became worried about taking the paper because of my reputation of, as they put it: "he's never worried." Anyway, the paper went relatively okay, and humans will still slaughter one another even if I fail the paper. C

Note: Words in colour are my expected grades.

Next week, I will slay a dragon and eat its entrails.

P.S. Those who own a driving license and have a huge amount of money to blow on a new car may want to check this out.

Live Long & Prosper,
May The Force Be With You,
Be At Peace With Death.

In Memory of Noriyuki "Pat" Morita,
The greatest on-screen American Karate Sensei.

No comments: