Sunday, January 01, 2006

Nice Week

Ignominious, Expediency, Misogyny, Baluster, Indigenous, Churl, Trite, Cussing, Slinky.

As the title suggests, I had an excellent week, except for the fact that I paid FIVE RINGGIT for a cup (actually, make that 1/5 of a cup) of coffee at Coffee Bean.

I believe it was an espresso macchiato, the idea being that once you drink an espresso, you are allegedly guaranteed to stay awake for I don't know, till 2.00 a.m.?

Here's the problem - the instant coffee I brew at home is thicker than the stuff they served me. I suppose to lesser taste buds and wannabe coffee aficionados, the RM5.00 drain water might be strong; but I guarantee you, the extra strong mocha coffee I brew at home using generic instant coffee, generic instant milk, and generic cocoa powder has more kick that the diluted sludge they dare to call espresso.

Oh, and free internet access at Coffee Bean is a lie (which was the reason I went there in the first place). Never again will I visit overhyped upmarket franchised coffee houses for their coffee.

On a happier note, WiFi access is indeed free at Starbucks. Take note however that coffee is more expensive than "recreational" drugs in the Netherlands.

On an even happier note, TV2 has finally redeemed itself in the eyes of the investors (if there are any left) by airing some exciting new movies and tv series, especially The Lord of the Rings and Stargate: Atlantis!!!

My only gripe is that they released Stargate: Atlantis quietly. So quietly that I, a self professed sci-fi aficionado, missed seven, I said SEVEN episodes.

By the by, where the heck is Stargate: SG1. It's running into its ninth season in the US and we Malaysians are still stuck at season 3. What gives?

Well, you can't have everything in life, I will just have to do what everyone else does:
Save up and buy the DVD.

Here's to a fruitful and entertaining year.

P.S. If you have noticed, my blog is now licensed under Creative Commons. If you are calling your lawyer right now, I will assume you don't know what it means. Scroll to the end of the page to find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh great, now i hv 2 mention u when i use a part of ur blog!? ah well u can't hv everything. lol just kidding dude. yeah, i hv nv bought in2 all those overpriced yuppietrash that they call espresso, latte, coffee or whatever. proud 2 say i nv bought any of them 2 lol. nothing beats good old home-brew.

WyvernOfEzru said...

I don't know about this Coffee Bean you speak of, but I've gotten to the point that I buy my own beans and make my own coffee. Once you buy the apparatus it becomes increasingly more efficient. On another note, while I could watch SG1 and enjoy it, I couldn't get into atlantis. You should watch Battlestar Galactica instead, starting with the mini-series.

Rewarp said...

Coffee Bean is one of those Starbuck clones.
Battlestar Galactica, I don't know how many times I have chanted those 7 syllable over and over in my mind ever since I heard they would be remade. Too bad I have to convince my parents to subscribe an extra package (sattelite channels are so annoying in their lust for that extra ringgit).